ASSISTANT Professor, National Graduate School of Chemistry of Montpellier
Lubomir Vezenkov performed a co-tutoring PhD between the universities of Montpellier and Naples, under the supervision of Prof. Jean Martinez and Prof. Ettore Benedetti, which he graduated from in 2011. Afterwards he did a two-years-long post-doctoral internship in the prof. Robert Young group in Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, working on the development of selective inhibitors of the autophagy. In 2013 he moved back to Montpellier to perform a post-doctoral study under the supervision of Dr. Muriel Amblard and in 2016 he received an assistant professor position at The National Graduate School of Chemistry of Montpellier (ENSCM).
His research currently is focalized on the development of organized non-natural oligomers, termed foldamers, and their applications in the biomedical field. He is especially interested in the conception of potent and bioavailable vectors for intracellular penetration. He has recently ventured in the exciting field of the peptide functionalized polymers and their structural and functional characterization
+33 411 75 96 27
5 major publications :
1) Bosc D, Vezenkov L, Bortnik S, An J, Xu J, Choutka C, Hannigan AM, Kovacic S, Loo S, Clark PGK, Chen G, Guay-Ross RN, Yang K, Dragowska WH, Zhang F, Go NE, Leung A, Honson NS, Pfeifer TA, Gleave M, Bally M, Jones SJ, Gorski SM, Young RN. A new quinoline-based chemical probe inhibits the autophagy-related cysteine protease ATG4B; Sci Rep. 2018 Aug 3;8(1):11653. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-29900-x
2) Martin, B. Legrand, L. L. Vezenkov, G. Subra, M. Calmès, J. Bantignies, J. Martinez, M. Amblard; Turning Peptide Sequences into Ribbon Foldamers by a Straightforward Multicyclization Reaction. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015 Nov 16;54(47):13966-70. doi: 10.1002/anie.201506955.
3) L. L. Vezenkov, Maynadier M, Amblard M, Martin V, Gandreuil C, Vaillant O, Gary-Bobo M, Basile I, Hernandez JF, Garcia M, Martinez J; Dipeptide mimic oligomer transporter mediates intracellular delivery of Cathepsin D inhibitors: a potential target for cancer therapy. Journal of controlled release. 2013, Oct 28;171(2):251-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2013.07.017
4) L. Vezenkov, M. Maynadier, J. F. Hernandez, M. Averlant-Petit, O. Fabre, E. , M. Garcia, J. Martinez and M. Amblard; Noncationic Dipeptide Mimic Oligomers As Cell Penetrating Nonpeptides(CPNP). Bioconjugate Chem. 2010, 21(10), 1850–1854. doi: 10.1021/bc1002086
5) D. Paramelle, G. Subra, L. L. Vezenkov, M. Maynadier, C. Andre, C. Enjalbal, M. Calmes, M. Garcia, J. Martinez, and M. Amblard; A Straightforward Approach for Cellular-Uptake Quantification. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49(44), 8240-8243. doi: 10.1002/anie.201003347